Thursday, April 16, 2009

Bibliophile

In the next few years, I hope to be buying a house. This time around, I'm not settling when it comes to built-ins. My most desired attraction in a house are walls of built-in book cases. My style is "books." I don't want them to cover every wall, unless of course I have my own library (which is probably pretty unrealistic at this point in my life) but I do want a little book cove. At least 2 intersecting walls of a room dedicated to my prized posessions. And if I can't find a house with the right built-ins, I guess I'll just have to hire someone to come in and make them for me.

All this reading and book talk has me thinking I need to be writing too. I know, I know. Just a little bit longer and I'll have graduated and have that pretty piece of paper that so many employers want. If I do manage to pull off graduation in December 09 (which is still the plan) I will have much more free time to be creative. Right now, it's really hard to think of stories, poems, or even things that are aesthetically pleasing, when I have to balance work/school/responsibilities. But that's soooo going to change when I'm done. And when I've finally figured out how to create a career out of the things I'm good at and love at the same time. One step in that direction is putting myself "out" there. There are a couple local publications that I could submit to, I should submit to, but I have no time and no energy. I will get there though, just you wait and see.

So the agenda for this evening? Well, since I'm still ill with something Josh referred to as the plague over lunch, I'm spending the evening watching Penelope. I was reading up on Mark Ryden because his business address is in Denver, CO ,and I was thinking maybe his gallery was too (it's not), I discovered something from this movie was inspired by some of his art. So I thought I better check it out. Actually, now that I think about it, it has Christina Ricci and if anyone ever looked like they stepped out of a Mark Ryden painting, it's her. And besides, I'm too scared to watch Supernatural on my own anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment