Sunday, April 12, 2009

April weekend in KC


I had a nice long weekend (thanks to Good Friday) so Josh and I decided to go to KC. Actually, Josh attempted to suprise me with a trip to KC but I got it out of him. Friday I spent running a bunch of errands and shopping. I bought new outfits for the girls and Josh -- they all looked very cute. Saturday morning we left for KC. We first hit the new Zona Rosa shopping center. I wasn't all that impressed with it. It did have a Sephora but everything was spread out and still under construction. We had lunch at this chinese place called Bo-Lings. We were both unimpressed as it was really very bland- even down to the crab rangoon which I love. We also shopped at Legends and I really liked this mall. It was outside and had some really nice shops. We stopped in at the Converse store and bought the girls each a pair of chucks. I found a few things - some jeans, pj pants, etc. For dinner we went to The Cheesecake Factory in Overland Park. We only had a 20 min wait, which is so much better than the wait in the Plaza. We had calamari (which is my favo
rite). Josh had these cajun chicken things and I had a cuban sandwich. We couldn't finish our meals and we had to get cheesecake to go. We both ordered this peanut butter fudge ripple thing which was way too rich and neither of us could finish our meal. This morning we hit up Half-Priced Books which is a great bookstore. I found such good deals, I couldn't stop myself. I walked out with these titles and I only paid $1-$3 a book:

The Road by Cormac McCarthy
Hypocrite in a Pouffy White Dress by Susan Jane Gilman
Balzac and the Little Chinese Seamstress by Dai Sijie
Bait and Switch by Barbara Ehrenreich
The Glass Castle by Jeanette Walls -- I've really been wanting to read this one!
A Million Little Pieces by James Fry - I started this but I don't have a copy anymore so I had to buy one!
The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger - Yes, this is one of my favorite books and no I didn't have copy, now I do!
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter by Carson McCullers
Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Girlbert - Another one I've really been wanting!
The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
The Mermaid Chair by Sue Monk Kidd

And my total was: $25.00 - Can you believe this!?!?

Seriously, go check out this bookstore. Josh also got a few books as well. We had Einstein Bros. for breakfast and then headed to Dave & Busters to play some games. I kicked Josh's butt at Skee-ball -- turns out all my practice online really was doing me some good. We discovered the Deal or No Deal Game, which was just like the gameshow. I think the show is pretty silly but playing for tickets is pretty intense and we had fun. Afterwards we had some Fuddruckers and headed back to Wichita. On the way back I read 4 chapters of The Picture of Dorian Gray aloud to Josh. It made the trip fly by and we both really enjoyed it -- I know, we are nerds. We finished the evening off by watching 4 episodes of Supernatural. The show is still holding my interest so that's a good sign. All in all it was a fantastic weekend. Here is a pic of Josh at Bo-Lings looking pretty darn cute; it's the only time I remembered to use my camera this weekend, go figure.

1 comment:

  1. Damn, I'm one sexy bastard. I'm totally irresistible, no wonder you're so into me. ;)

    Seriously though, it was a great weekend I'm really glad we went (minus that whole crappy Bo-Lings thing).

    ReplyDelete