Monday, April 20, 2009

3 weeks


I'm starting to feel better this week. My illness seems to be going away and my stress levels have decreased. I rested a lot this weekend and felt like myself again on Saturday. I ended up making the homemade pizzas. I ended up making the mozzarella basil for the girls and the canadian bacon and green chili for Josh and I. First, the crust recipe is awesome - the dough was a little wonky to being with but ended up rolling out very nice, puffing up perfectly and wasn't droopy. I'm definitely going to save this recipe. I also made my own marinara from scratch. It had a good flavor but was a bit liquidy... next time I will add tomato paste. I froze a good deal of it though to use for pasta. As is, I think it makes a better pasta sauce than pizza sauce. I was pretty proud of myself as I managed to make these with an 18-month old hanging out in the kitchen with me. I put her on the counter, rolled up her pant legs and let her play in the sink. All went well until she decided to use a cup! Needless to say, she ended up sitting in the sink and have a blast... I wish I would have taken a picture of that!


3 weeks and I will be done with the Spring semester. I'm starting to think that relief is around the corner. I know that summer school will come all too soon, but I'm ready for something different. This semester has kicked my behind. It's not that my classes are any harder, it's that the juggling of my new position and school has become more challenging. And I've read so much this semester, it's taken up a lot of my time. Don't get me wrong, I love to read, but I like to read what I want to read, not what I'm told to read. And I don't like deadlines; it's like an excuse to procrastinate. Isn't it funny how something we ordinarily like becomes taxing when someone else requires that we do it?
This week I have 2 papers to write and have decided to start tanning again. Hopefully, it will be a productive week.

No comments:

Post a Comment