Monday, April 27, 2009

Antiquing & Eating

Saturday morning Josh and I went to the Flying Moose antique store. I've been spending a lot of time on Design Sponge and was inspired to make something new and mine again. Only one thing stood out to me, a buffet, but I wan't feeling like spending the $125 on it, plus having to haul it home. So I passed. We ate lunch downtown at TJ's Burger House -- soo yummy. This was my first time eating there and I thought it was great; the fries were freshly cut and excellent. The burger was pretty great too. For dinner I made Southwest Chicken and Rice wraps, a creation of my own, and was quite impressed. What made these really great was the rice! I found a recipe for Chipotle's Cilantro-Lime rice and it's fantastic.

Cilantro-Lime Rice
Ingredients
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 teaspoons fresh cilantro ( I love it so I used a lot more!)
2/3 cup white rice
1 1/3 cup water
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 lime

Directions
1) In a 2-quart heavy saucepan, heat oil over low heat, stirring occasionally until melted.
2) Add rice and lime juice, stir for 1 minute.
3) Add water and salt, bring to a full rolling boil
4) At boiling, cover, turn down to simmer over low heat until rice is tender and the water is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
5) Add in the cilantro and fluff rice with a fork

The other thing that made these wraps great was Shake'n Bake. Yep, right out of the 80's. Josh reacquainted me with Shake'n Bake as I was looking for a healther alternative to fried chicken tenders. Shake'n Bake makes some tasty chicken tenders for less calories And fat. For dessert I made Chai Cake with Chai mousse. It was ok, nothing special, doubtful that I'll make it again. Sunday morning we headed to The Donut Whole for breakfast. I tried the Cherry Cordial and the Peanut Butter & Grape. The Grape was good but the Cherry Cordial was excellent. I think it's my new favorite. Soooo.... as you can tell there was a lot of eating done this weekend, which means I need to get back on the wagon this week. The rest of the weekend was filled with Supernatural watching. The series is getting really exciting and I'm so glad to be watching it on DVD and not waiting each week for a new episode.

No comments:

Post a Comment