Friday, May 29, 2009

Watch that door

My bestfriend and I went to Il Vicino for dinner tonight. I had forgotten how much I love that place. I had the Bianca, which is a pizza with ham, goat cheese, carmelized onions and spicy oil. It is sooo good. I came home and wanted a glass of wine, but I couldn't find my bottle opener, sigh. I'll be buying another one of those this weekend. It was good to see Christina, we haven't had many opportunities to hang out and it was refreshing to catch up. This week seemed a little less stressful at work. I'm not sure if it's actually work that is less stressful or if I am just doing a better job handling it. I did manage to get pretty upset with my employer today. We have these super secure doors that prevent more than one person from walking in at one time. To enter the building you must badge-in and then an outer door opens up. You step inside and it closes. After it closes, verifies that there is just one of you, the inside door opens allowing you entry. Today I walked up and badged-in. The outer door shut and then the alarm that says more than one person detected goes off. This happens all the time, especially if you carry a purse and a laptop bag with you. So I stepped out and this time the outer door didn't shut. So I couldn't badge back in. So I used the call box to talk to Security. They mess around with doors remotely and then tell me to try again. I step into the outer door and it shuts on me. It catches my arm, I stumble into the thing and the inner door opens. This thing slammed into my arm, it wasn't like an elevator that taps you and backs open, this thing just kept coming. I had a big red mark and I'm sure it will bruise up in a couple days. Even worse, I was in heels and could have fallen or pulled something. I was so mad that I called Security as soon as I got to my desk. They apologized and said it was recorded on tape and they would be sending it to the head of Security. When I left tonight the door was blocked by orange cones and people had to use another door to leave. Anyway, I would have thought I would have heard something back about the incident but nothing was said the rest of the day. I'm glad it's the weekend, although I think it's going to be a bit warm, I'm ready for summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment