Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Back to good

I turned in my last final of the Spring semester today. I officially have 3 weeks off from school until Summer classes start. I think (hope) that my classes this summer will be fairly easy and even fun, well at least Photoshop anyway... This last Thursday was my birthday, I'm 32. I can't believe I'm 32. What the heck happened to my youth? Oh yeah, I wasted it on a bad marriage and depression. This birthday was a bit different from the last few years. This year, Josh bought tickets for us to see Fleetwood Mac in KC. The concert was fantastic and Stevie Nicks looks just like she did in the 70's. It's hard to believe that she's 60. We went up Thursday afternoon and went to dinner at the Melting Pot. I love that place. It's seriously more food than a person should eat in an entire day, but oh so good. The apples dipped in cheese fondue is heavenly and the chocolate fondue (we did Smores) left us moaning and licking the bowl....I'm not joking. We did some shopping in KC as well -- I made another visit to my new favorite bookstore, Half-Priced Books and loaded up again. I have so many books to read this summer, and not nearly enough time.... sigh. I have started reading the new Jennifer Weiner book, Certain Girls. It's the book continuing the story of her bestseller, Good in Bed. I'm enjoying it so far. One of the main characters' names is Joy, how cool is that? On Saturday Josh and I went to my cousin's wedding in Hillsboro and also found out that my sis will be getting engaged soon. Her BF bought a diamond while they were here and apparently had the "talk" with my dad. It's crazy to think of my sister married, but I like the guy and so does my family and I think they'll do well. This week started off a little shakey but I think I've got a grasp on my mental state and am hoping to not let work stress kill my 3 weeks off from school. Now that I have to carry a blackberry for work, it's very easy to feel panicked or stressed when away from work and I'm doing my best to keep my spirits up.

No comments:

Post a Comment