Saturday, January 2, 2010

Off to a good start

Yesterday was the first of the new year and it was a great start. I spent the morning blogging which is a step towards writing for me. Around 1 we picked up the girls from Mom & Dad's house. Tori had apparently been a little ornery but Penny was in rare form. She wanted me! She wanted to sit on my lap! And out of the blue she said, "I love you, Joy". It's stuff like this that melts my heart! Tori is easy with the hugs and I love you's but Penny is a little tougher... kinda like myself. I had a bowl of mom's yummy ham & beans and then we took the girls bowling at the Alley. We met Josh's cousin, Jody, and his wife and 3 daughters. The girls had a blast and were pretty good. It was nice to spend time with them and I hope we get to do it more often this year. Once we got home, everyone was in need of a nap, myself included. The girls watched the Little Miss Sunshine movie and rested. At 5 or so, Josh took them to their mom's house for the weekend. I started getting a headache which was apparently due to lack of eating and drinking. I have debated whether to talk about this on the blog but I've decided I will because hopefully it will encourage me. In December I went and saw a weightloss doctor. I want to thin down for my wedding and my sister's wedding... and the health benefits are well worth it. Yesterday I started the progam. I take 2 pills, Phentermine and Amilor. Phentermine is an appetite suppressant and Amilor is a water pill. I also do HcG hormone sublingually. I could have opted for the injections but me and shots don't mix. So my headache yesterday was due to the fact that I hadn't had much going into my body all day. The Amilor did kick in big time and peed like you wouldn't believe -- at least every hour! Josh went and got Subway for dinner and that helped the headache tremedously. We ended the evening with lounging around and reading. I did get myself set up on the Wii fit. My weight actually dropped in December but I blame that on the nasty somach flu we had for a week. I was down 5 lb from when I saw the doctor, which feels nice. So today we've cleaned half the house (thoroughly) and we are headed to the store to go grocery shopping and start the new year out with me doing some cooking, which I am really looking forward too. Maybe I'll get back to posting some recipes on here to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment