Thursday, August 6, 2009

Too Tired

I've been dreadfully tired the last 2 months. Each day seems to drain another ounce of energy from my body. I've been trying to focus on green living and finding natural ways to give myself more umpf; I've yet to succeed. Tomorrow is my last day at work and then I'll be off work for 10 days straight. I'm terribly excited but know that it won't be until day 4 or 5 that my body and mind actually figure out that I am on vacation. Some people start vacation with a deep breath and let everything go.... I, on the other hand, seem to have to have blow it out like a nasty cold for several days. I could just hit the bar early on Friday, drink myself into vacation, and then all should be good as well. The first part of my vacation is actually a staycation. I'll be taking it easy, being domestic ('cuz that's how I can relax in my own home) and keeping my work black berry locked away from my access. Since joining my current employer, I've never taken more than 3 days off. So this feels very strange. I've been reading like crazy lately, especially since finishing my summer classes *which I got an A and B*. I'll review the 2 books I've been focused on this last week in a later post. Josh and I have been watching Carnivale Season 1. I kind of like it, I kind of don't. What I like is the fimography, acting, and placement in time. What's driving me nuts it's inability to move forward. Every episode I think something will be resolved or at the very least come to a head -- and so far, nothing. I'm almost done with season 1 and I can understand why it didn't last more than 2 season. I think it's a shame because the talent is cetainly there and the concept is quite unique. Oh well... As far as up and coming events, I've been pretty focused on getting some things in order. We are getting Tori ready for her next year of preschool and found that the zoo is doing preschool and just needs to get the proper certifications. If this happens soon enough, we might move her to the zoo program. That kid loves animals like you wouldn't believe. I've also been looking into dance and theater classes for her. Now that she's 4, there are so many things she could get involved in. The Children's Theater is kind of pricey but the Y has fairly economical dance classes. I've learned that more concerts are headed this way. Joshua Radin in Lawrence is high on the list! I've confirmed my Dec graduation and am hoping that I can pass all my classes this fall. It's going to be a lot but if I can just stick it out a few more months, life might be a lot more tolerable going forward. I say this and I know that in life, it's always something. This weekend we are celebrating Penny's 2nd Birthday. She's having a Strawberry Shortcake party at my parents. She's been talking about her party all week. Finally, work is still sucking the life out of me and I wish each day for the economy to rebound so I can find a better gig.

No comments:

Post a Comment