Monday, August 10, 2009

Strawberry Shortcake Party

Penny is currently obsessed with Strawberry Shortcake (thanks to the old school Strawberry Shortcake in the Big Apple City DVD I bought the girls) so this year she had a Strawberry Shortcake party for her 2nd birthday. She actually understood that it was her birthday too. For the last week we've had to listen to her talk about "MY PARTY" and telling us everyone that could come, "daddy come?" "Joy come?" etc. We were prepared for her to have a Sweet 16 meltdown but we lucked out. We went out Saturday afternoon and bought her party dress which she picked out herself, I was pretty impressed with her choice! This was my first time putting together a toddler's party and I think it went pretty great. The kids played in the pool and the adults had a water balloon fight. I got nailed several times! It was actually a total blast and I think everyone had a lot of fun. The sugar was a help as we had pink strawberry shortcake cupcakes and a Strawberry Shortcake ice cream cake. I love old school birthday parties in the backyard, it reminded me of my own parties years ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment