Sunday, March 29, 2009

Where the cool kids are


DouglasandMain is a site that lists Wichita blogs and bloggers. I'll admit that I already read a few of these blogs but what I find fascinating is that so many of these bloggers are friends -- they twitter back and forth, they connect via tumblr, they even do outings and meet ups. I haven't been able to go public with a blog for a very long time due to the intrusion of my ex-husband, but now that I am public again, I'd like to connect with others who share my interests. I've been thinking a lot lately about joining or starting a bookclub. I was in a bookclub a couple of years ago and as a English major, I took the leadership seat. Now, I'd just like to join a simple bookclub where I can listen and speak if I wanted to. I don't want the added pressure of keeping the discussion going or thinkingof /researching challenging ideas. I'll be done with my "reading" classes this May and after that, I'll actually have time to read what I want to read again woo-hoo! The other thing I've been considering is a crafty-group. It doesn't have to be the same craft, but just a monthly meet-up to hang out, talk, eat, and do crafty stuff. I've been working on two pillow cases for my bed for the last month or so. I'm trying to find/make time for these indulgences and I know that they key for me is to take my focus off work when I'm not at work-- easier said than done. Josh and I ventured out for a couple of hours this afternoon. We had On the Border for lunch and then went to Borders for a little while. Lunch was ok... Borders was ok...in retrospect, we should have gone to Watermark for lunch, books, and dessert! I bought the latest issue of BUST and a book called Be Happy Without Being Perfect. Does that sound like a self-help book written for me or what? Afterwards, Josh went to B&N to get some Cheesecake Factory cheesecake for dessert (yeah, did you know we CAN get CF cheesecake in Wichita???) but I opted for the buttercream vanilla cupcake. I feel like a pig but it was sooooo good.

No comments:

Post a Comment