Monday, March 30, 2009

Perfection

I wasn't joking when I said this book was for me! Section 6 of the self-test is over decision making which probably where perfection interrupts my life the most. Questions that struck me were:

Do I find it very hard to make small, everyday decisions? YEP
Do I have trouble making decisions because I am afraid of making the wrong decision? YES, THAT'S ME
Do I often second guess myself after making a decision? OH YES
Do I regret some of the major decisions I've made in my life? HELL YES
Does it take me a long time to make decisions because I do excessive amounts of research and fact gathering beforehand? YOU HAVE NO IDEA
Do I rely heavily on the opininions of others such as a spouse or parents when making a decision? YOU MEAN I CAN MAKE DECISIONS WITHOUT ASKING THE WORLD WHAT THEY THINK?

The last two questions struck me the most because I have a really hard time making decisions when I haven't researched all my options and I ALWAYS have to get mom and dad's stamp approval. I know, I know... why? I am an adult. I'm certainly capable of making a decision, even a bad one and recovering all on my very own. It's kind of like I want everyone to treat me like an adult, but I don't trust myself as one. I think my failed marriage really screwed me up on this-- making me feel like I am incapable of making a good decision and not wanting to disappoint everyone. But really, who cares? I'm the one that has to deal with the results of a bad decision, right? Ah! See, this book is going to be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment