Sunday, June 28, 2009

One lucky girl

This weekend has been pretty dang awesome. Josh and I took Friday off (for fun) and hit some garage sales, looked at houses, and went to lunch. We didn't find much at the garage sales (other than a Ballerina book for Tori). We wondered how people held onto junk for so long and how they could have no clue what their junk was really worth. Seriously, some stuff you could buy brand new for cheaper than the prices we saw. We looked at houses and dreamed too. We've been on a pool kick lately. We really, really want to buy a house with a pool. We think it will take some work but overall, it will be an investment in our health and provide great entertaining opportunities. Oh, and we're not ready to buy a house, but like to pretend :) For lunch we went to Sumo's because when else could we go to Sumo's for lunch? It was good, but not as good as Sal's. Friday night ended with us making s'mores over the stove and watching the last of Supernatural Season 3. Saturday, Mom and I did some shopping. I bought some new sandals and some toys for the girls room. Later that evening, Josh and I started moving some of his stuff over -- because after 4 weeks of testing and trials, it looks like we like each other enough to live together...and the girls seem pretty happy with it too. We brought over his king-size bed and it barely fit up the steps. It actually didn't fit up the steps so Josh had to use his BIG muscles and make it fit. And now my bedroom looks like a comfy oasis of bed and pillows which is alright with me! This morning Josh informed me he was naming the day Girlfriend's Day and he had suprises for me. It started with a card and breakfast from Panera. Later he gave me a lime green owl necklace from Lucinda's, I love it! Then we went antiquing as I have been looking for a vintage retro buffet/dresser to restore. I found one at the mall on W Kellogg and it was 20% off. I bought it, of course, and love it as well. This evening we had shimp po'boys for dinner and Josh suprised me with a chocolate chip cookie cake. I love cookie cakes and he got me one that said I Love You on it in honor of the day. Finally, we headed out to see Away We Go. This movie is seriously good and has an awesome soundtrack. I'll probably have to buy it! Overall, one of the best weekends I've had in a long time. I know I'm corny, but I really am one lucky girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment