Monday, March 14, 2011

Travels

I've been traveling quite a bit the last couple of months. In February I traveled to Philadelphia for work to begin working on my SAP certification. Following my training I met a friend that recently moved to Pennsyvlania for a weekend in New York City. It was my first time to NYC and I loved it. I didn't love the walking but everything else was great. I always thought NYC would be overwhelming and scary but it really wasn't. We stayed in Times Square and learned to use the subway. We traveled all over the city and had a great time exploring; we also saw Phantom on Broadway (very good). While there, I learned that Magnolia Bakery cupcakes really are as good as they are described, the John Lennon Imagine Memorial at Strawberry Fields in Central Park isn't very big, the FAO Swartz, shown in the movie BIG, is kinda lame, people in NYC are skinny because they have to walk so much, the Algonquin Hotel is really small and I don't know how Dorothy Parker and the Roundtable fit in such a small space, NYC in general is full of small spaces (another reason people are skinny in NYC), people are actually pretty nice and helpful, and I hope to return soon. Philadelphia on the other hand was a nightmare traffic and I really didn't care for it all that much. Last week I went to Las Vegas for a conference and Josh managed to join me the first part of the trip. We saw Eric Clapton in concert, got front row seats to see David Copperfield, and also caught Zumanity, the sensual Cirque de Soleil show. I think I enjoyed Zumanity the most. Eric Clapton was my pick but I really didn't care for the crowd and he was a bit boring in his performance. By day 4 I was ready to leave Vegas but Josh was just leaving and I had a whole week to go left alone. I have to say, Vegas is not my kind of place. It's full of superficial people, businesses, etc. The smoking, the drunk people, the fakeness in the way people behaved, it just wasn't for me. I think I could probably enjoy it in small stretches but never 8 days again!

No comments:

Post a Comment