Monday, July 20, 2009

Jacksonville Vacation

I did it. I bought the tickets, booked the rental car, and scheduled the time off from work. I still need to book the hotel, but it's as good as done. I'm going on VACATION! It's been a few years since I've done anything like this for myself. Josh and I are headed to Jacksonville, FL and Savannah, GA in mid-August. I plan to see a couple old friends, revisit some of my favorite Jax places, and make a little jaunt to Savannah, GA to check out Paula Deens' restaurant, The Lady & Son's , visit The Flannery O'Connor Home, and take a Haunted Tour of Savannah. I'm very excited to have the time off and to step away from the rather stressful way of life I've been living. Everytime I've gone on vacation in the past, it's reminded me that there is more to life beyond trying to keep up with the rat race. I think this vacation will do the same thing. And I will have a full 10 days away from work. I have missed Jacksonville quite a bit since moving away in 2001. I always thought Jacksonville was a great a place to visit, I just didn't want to live there the rest of my life. Quite frankly, I can't stand the traffic! And I missed my family. My family that has now almost all moved away.... but I guess that's life. And I wouldn't have met Josh if I hadn't have moved back! I found a website I've grown to love rather quickly, Trip Advisor. I've already started planning trips that Josh and I have mentally planned over the last few months. It's a great place to store the things that you want to do in the future.

1 comment:

  1. Who is it that kept pestering you and telling you we needed to find a way to take a vacation? Hmmmm, wonder who that could be. :P

    ReplyDelete